44 Chestnut Avenue, Ross
List Price: $3,295,000
Designed by renowned architect Steve Wisenbaker, this shingled Craftsman was custom built in 2001 using the highest quality materials and craftsmanship. The impressive residence offers four bedrooms, three full baths and two half baths (4,153 sq. ft. on 1.35 acres per tax records) with a traditional floor plan and grand scale rooms perfect for both informal family gatherings and formal entertaining.
This exceptional home offers privacy yet is conveniently located near shops, restaurants, Phoenix Lake, Marin's legendary hiking and biking trails, Lagunitas Club, Ross Commons and the Award winning Ross School (K-8).
The main level offers ten-foot ceilings, Hickory Pecan floors and substantial molding. The entry foyer leads to the formal dining room with coffered panel ceiling and built in china cabinet with marble counter. The formal living room has a vaulted ceiling, wood burning fireplace, built in bookshelves and French doors to level lawn.
Consisting of kitchen, eating area and family room, the great room is the center of the home. The family room has a wood burning fireplace, coffered panel ceiling, built in bookshelves, media cabinet and bench seat with storage. The adjoining eating area has French doors to the patio and outdoor dining. A chef’s kitchen features high-end appliances, cherry and glass cabinets, honed granite countertops, large island with counter seating and built in desk/workspace. Conveniently located off the kitchen are the laundry room with storage and chute, powder room and wine room.
The upper level boasts nine-foot ceilings and the upstairs landing is a room unto itself with space to lounge or study. Off this central gathering space are the master suite, three additional bedrooms (one with en suite bathroom) and a hall bathroom.
The spacious master suite has vaulted ceilings, large windows and French doors to a private balcony. The master bathroom features a custom double vanity and an enormous glass enclosed shower of Durango cream stone. There is a large walk in closet and a private outdoor spa with waterfall.
The lower level offers a large home office with separate entrance, a half bath and a mudroom with built in cubbies and storage leading to an oversize three car attached garage.
ADDITIONAL FEATURES & AMENITIES
- Marvin windows and doors
- Full-house sound system (indoor/outdoor)
- Two room theater set-up
- Full house CAT 5/Video/Phone with 18 locations
- Full house emergency generator transfer switch
- Alarm, fire and carbon monoxide monitor system
- Three-zone forced air and cooling - two complete systems
- Four-zone in slab radiant heat
- Insulated interior walls and ceilings
- Central vacuum system
- Custom built in closets
- Copper gutters
- Blue stone entry and extensive stonework
- Flat grassy play yard and children’s playhouse and climbing wall
- Professionally landscaped with irrigation system
Kitchen Features & Appliances
- Kitchen Aid dishwasher
- Fisher Paykel dishdrawer
- Kitchen Aid side by side refrigerator
- Viking Professional 48” Gas Range
- Kitchen Aid microwave/wall oven with separate warming drawer
- Deep sink and separate prep sink with Rohl fixtures
- Custom pendant lighting