9 North Ridgewood Road, Kent Woodlands
CO-LISTED WITH MARILYN RICH
A RARE GEM IN KENT WOODLANDS - On the market for the first time in over 50 years, 9 N. Ridgewood Road provides the ideal Kent Woodlands lifestyle. Built in 1963 and designed by renowned architect John Hans Ostwald, this one-of-a-kind estate includes a tennis court, swimming pool and spa, specimen gardens and trees, detached guest quarters, one bedroom apartment, garden workshop and numerous patios and entertaining spaces. The one story main home features four bedrooms and two and one half baths. The family room acts as a hub and connects all four of the bedrooms to each other. The main living area includes a living room with fireplace, kitchen and sitting area. The indoor to outdoor flow is seamless as nearly every room accesses the outdoors. The detached guest quarters has a sitting room, one bedroom and one bath. There is a one bedroom apartment attached to the house with its own partial kitchen, living room and bath.
Design elements include:
- Minimalist custom windows with large expanses of glass serve to dissolve the separation between interior and exterior, while a low rising roof with expansive eaves stretches the living space out into the grounds.
- A continuous floorplan that extends out to the surrounding patios and garden further deemphasizes the boundaries between indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Elements of the exterior environment are brought inside via an interior planting trough, jalousie windows and skylights.
- Custom designed ceilings in both the living room and bedroom areas made from douglas fir
- The living room walls are made from hemlock
- All exterior siding is made from clear heart redwood
- The deck material at the pool is made from Port Orford Cedar, while the upper deck is made from redwood
Located in the "Flats" of Kent Woodlands with easy access to restaurants, shops, schools, and hiking and biking trails.
Part of the award winning Bacich Elementary School, Kent Middle School and Redwood High School systems.